Art FOUND at The Maven and Dairy Block.
Celebrate the installation of seven new murals throughout The Maven Hotel curated in partnership with RedLine Contemporary Art Center.
Enjoy live music by Brianna Straut, live painting in The Maven lobby by A. Michel Velazquez of Velart Denver and throughout the hotel floors, permanent jewelry from Chained Up Permanent Jewelry, complimentary bites and cocktails from Kachina Cantina and Poka Lola Social Club and more. Event is free to attend.
Meet the artists:
- Koko Bayer: Pink Lemonade Head + Heart + Hand” - Denver muralist and founder of Project Spread Hope, a pay-it-forward outdoor art project installing, hope and love hearts in public space
- JayCee Beyale: “Alpha” – Muralist and fine artist who uses a combination of spray paints and acrylics to celebrate the fusion of technology with Indigenous culture
- Sandra Fettingis: “Life Mavening” - Denver artist known for her iconic, abstract geometric style and elegant, harmonious works
- Lares Feliciano: “Muggins Mirage” - An interdisciplinary artist who uses animation, installation and collage to create worlds where marginalized experiences are front and center
- Ramon Bonilla: “Space\Grid\Straight Lines\Color Blocks” - Visual artist who produces paintings that he considers to be intuitive environmental simulations establishing connections to nature and hypothetical architectures evoking tranquility
- Gregg Deal: “Ziggindigenous No. 3” - A multi-disciplinary artist and activist, Deal’s work is informed by his Native identity and includes exhaustive critiques of American society, politics, cultural and history
- Jasmine Holmes: “The Blacker the Berry”– Creator of works in a variety of media inspired by consumerism and Western society’s appetite for Black culture